All Pro Oriental Rug Cleaning provides expert cleaning services.
Top 5 ways to ruin a rug
- Stains, such as pet urine, colored punch, coffee, wine, etc.
- Not having it professionally cleaned yearly and protected with Scotchgard when it is cleaned.
- Having someone clean it that doesn't know how to clean it.
- Traffic lane patterns, to correct this rotate your rug 180 degrees every 6 month or so.
- Not vacuuming it regularly. The longer the dirt, dust and allergens sit on the fiber the more they bond to the fiber, thus making it more difficult to get the dirt, dust and allergens out when you vacuum. Think of it like a tee shirt that you wore for a year without washing it, when you did wash it many of the stains would not come out, that's why you should clean your rugs regularly.
Top 5 ways to improve the life of your rug
- Have it professionally cleaned yearly and put the scotchgard fiber protectant on it at that time.
- Vacuum your rug weekly.
- Rotate your rug 180 degrees every 6 months or so. This will cut down on your traffic patterns.
- Try not to spill things on it. And if you do spill something on it, blot it with a 100% white cotton rag. If you have a wet/dry vacuum, try sucking up the stain, then add cold water to the strain and then suck it up again with the wet/dry vacuum. Repeat until the stain disappears.
- If you are storing you rug for more than 6 months it should be properly wrapped in paper and plastic to protect it from the elements.
Let us help you restore you rug back to its best look and feel!